Grilled cheese is the ultimate comfort food. It’s easy to make, is cheesy and soft on the inside, and buttery and toasty on the outside. It has a great texture that satisfies your hunger and desire for the perfect bite. It’s hard to think about anything being better than grilled cheese, but there are a few things you can do to take your grilled cheese to the next level.
Sure, the original grilled cheese sandwich might always be your favorite, but when you try some of these tips and recipes, you will end up with a new grilled cheese sandwich that brings new flavors and textures that you never expected. These tips and recipes are simple, but they really mix things up. They are great for kids and adults, and you can enjoy them any time of day. If you love grilled cheese but are ready to try something new, try some of these tips and recipes.
1. Greek Grilled Cheese Recipe
This grilled cheese is for anyone who loves classic Greek flavors or just wants to add something new to their grilled cheese. It’s a more grown-up grilled cheese, but that doesn’t mean kids can’t enjoy it too. It’s great to make for brunch and can be cut into triangles for a more appealing look and to make it easier to eat.
- Feta cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Red onion
- Add some butter to a hot skillet and wait for it to melt.
- Butter one side of each piece of bread.
- Place the non-buttered side down in the skillet.
- Add the cheeses, red onion, and tomato and place the other piece of bread on top with the buttered side facing upward.
- Peek under the edge of the bread to see if it has browned. Once it’s toasted, flip the sandwich carefully and brown the other side.
- Serve with your favorite chips or side.