2. Beer battered onion rings
Because absolutely everything tastes better when there’s beer in it, right?
Preparation: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 2 large onions chopped into thick rings
- Half a dozen beaten eggs
- 2 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Your favorite dark ale (Newcastle Brown works well)
- 4 cups vegetable oil
1. Mix the flour and the seasoning together in a bowl or a bag. Make sure you use a healthy amount of salt and pepper.
2. Whisk the eggs until foamy and season. For some reason, it just tastes better when everything is seasoned!
3. Make sure your onion rings are cut to an even size for the full diner effect and coat each ring in the eggs.
4. Dunk each ring into the flour and seasoning mixture, making sure they are fully covered and that the onion is no longer visible.
5. One more dip for each onion ring. Straight into the good stuff, the beer.
6. Each onion ring will need to fried for about 5 minutes, either in a deep pan or a fryer if you have one available.