Rice is a versatile food that can be used as a filling, side dish, or just an ingredient in soups and casseroles. It can also just as easily be the star of your dinner show. While rice is healthy and delicious, it can take some time to make. You have to watch is constantly to make sure it doesn’t burn in the stove or in the oven. If you love rice but hate how long it takes to cook it, consider making it in an Instant Pot instead.
Your Instant Pot can make your rice perfectly soft and tender and infuse it with flavors from the other ingredients you cook with it. These Instant Pot rice recipes are all easy, affordable, and delicious. Whether you choose to serve them for lunch, dinner, or a snack, they are sure to satisfy everyone in your family. Try one or try them all. You won’t be disappointed.
1. Yellow Rice with Peas and Corn
This simple rice recipe is great as a side. It’s also hearty enough that you can make a meal out of it.
- Basmati rice
- Olive oil
- Chopped cilantro stalks
- Turmeric powder
- Sweet corn kernels
- Frozen garden peas
- Chicken stock
- Rinse the rice well in cold water to remove all the starch.
- Turn on your Instant Pot and choose the sauté function.
- Add the olive oil salt and onions and cook until tender.
- Add the cilantro, garlic, and turmeric powder and stir well.
- Drizzle in some olive oil and add the corn, peas, and rice.
- Add the chicken stock and set the pressure cooker to manual.
- Choose the high selection and cook for four minutes.
- Once it is finished, allow the pressure to release and then some butter to the pot.
- Once the butter has melted, fluff the rice with a fork and move to a serving platter.