2. Chicken & Pea Risotto
No messing about with this one. Adding all of the stock at once saves valuable time!
Preparation: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 – 15 Minutes
- 300g risotto rice
- 1 grated onion
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 glass white wine
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250g chicken (chopped into small pieces)
- 25g butter
- 200g frozen peas
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Black pepper
- Fry onion and garlic for 4 minutes in heated oil. Stir every now and then.
- Add the risotto rice and stir really well for a minute or two. Make sure the rice is covered.
- Add the wine and the stock before bringing it to the boil. Simmer for around 10 minutes or until the risotto is beautifully creamy.
- Add chicken and frozen peas and cook until chicken is fully cooked through.
- Add butter, cheese, and seasoning before serving.