2. Eggplant Parmesan Sub Sandwich
Eggplant Parm, but in sandwich form! For lunch or dinner.
– 1 large eggplant
– 1 egg, lightly beaten
– 1 cup breadcrumbs
– Corn starch, for dredging
– Mozzarella slices
– Parmesan Cheese
– Vegetable oil, for frying
– Marinara Sauce
– Baguette or Italian loaf
1. Slice eggplant into 1/2 inch thick slices. Place onto sheets of paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and allow to sit for 20 minutes. Pat away excess moisture that is pulled out.
2. Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Lightly dust the eggplant with cornstarch, dip in egg wash, then in breading and fry until golden brown and crispy.
3. Lay in a single layer in a casserole dish, place a dollop of marinara sauce over each slice, then layer mozzarella slices over it and sprinkle shredded parmesan cheese. Broil on high until mozzarella is melted (about 6 minutes).
4. Slice baguette or Italian loaf in half, and toast until lightly crispy.
5. Layer eggplant parmesan on the bread, drizzle with more marinara and serve hot.