Sopapillas are delicious treats that are crispy and soft. They are very versatile and can be used in a lot of different recipes. You can use them to dip in your favorite sauces or dips. You can also crush them and sprinkle them over cupcakes or ice cream. Sopapillas can also be filled with a variety of foods. You can make them sweet or savory. The recipe for simple sopapillas is easy to follow, which is why these desserts are so popular. You can tween the recipes to make them work with other food or fillings.
Sopapillas are served at many restaurants, especially Mexican eateries. They are typically topped with cinnamon and sugar and then drizzled with honey or chocolate syrup. If you enjoy these flavors and want to try a new dessert that is sure to please everyone in your family, give one or all of these 14 recipes a try.
1. Real Sopapillas
This sopapilla recipe is very simple and allows you to make sopapillas that you can use as vehicles for almost anything. You can fill them with sweet or savory foods to create a tasty little snack that can be enjoyed at any time of day.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Vegetable oil
- In a bowl, mix the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the shortening and mix until it turns into crumb.
- Add the water and use your hands to mix the ingredients until they turn into a dough.
- Knead the dough on a prepared surface.
- Separate the dough into 12 pieces.
- Shape each piece into a ball, cover, and set aside.
- On a floured surface, roll out the balls until they are flat.
- Cut the dough into triangles and fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.