Tater tots are a great snack or side dish. They can be made or bought in the freezer section of most grocery stores. They can be baked, deep-fried and used in a variety of recipes.
While many people choose to eat tater tots on their own alongside an entrée, there are plenty of dishes that make tater tots the star of the show. Once you try one of these recipes, you will never look at tater tots the same again. Instead of keeping them in the freezer to make as aside, you will keep them on hand to feature in your main dish. These casseroles are perfect for feeding a family or taking to a potluck or picnic.
Casseroles are easy to make and can be whipped up quickly. They are great for dinner or special occasions. You might even decide to prepare them for a holiday meal.
1. Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
This tater to breakfast casserole is the perfect meal to cook on a Saturday or Sunday morning. It’s also great for the holidays. It’s hearty and satisfying. It can easily feed a small crowd or provide you with enough leftovers to reheat heat and eat throughout the week
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of Milk
- Cheese (8 oz)
- 1/2 Onions
- 2 – 5 Bacon strips
- 1/2 cup of Chives
- Frozen Tater Tots ( 2 – 5 lb)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and spray a pan with olive oil or nonstick spray.
- Use a large bowl to mix together the ingredients (Bisquick, Eggs, Milk, Onion)
- Put the baking pan in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Bake frozen tots. If you are not sure how to bake them, read the instructions on the packaging.
- Drop the cooked tater tots on top of the baked casserole, bacon, chives and top with cheese.
- Bake in the oven for at least 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Top with your favorite toppings such as green onions and sour cream.